Atopica (Cyclosporine) For Dogs 15 Capsules
Atopica (Cyclosporine) Capsules for Dogs
Atopica is an oral solution prescribed to dogs who suffer from allergic dermatitis skin reaction caused by contact with an allergen. This is very common in canines with allergies, and can cause their skin to become uncomfortably itchy, red and scaly. Atopica targets the root of the problem to help relieve itching, so your companion no longer feels the need to incessantly scratch, rub or lick. Atopica can help provide your dog the relief she needs.
- Country Of Origin - UK
- Significantly reduces itching and skin lesions
- Proven effective in most dogs
- Allows you to control your pet's problem without steroids
- Safe to use over long periods without the serious side effects usually associated with steroids
Possible Side Effects:
Side effects are usually mild and often get better with time.
Common but not serious side effects include:
- Vomiting, reduced appetite, diarrhea. These effects are seen in approximately 1 in 3 dogs usually in the first 1-2 days after starting the drug and often improve over time. Your veterinarian may prescribe anti-vomiting medications or temporarily stop the drug if these occur.
- Overgrowth of gums (gingival hyperplasia) and skin growths (both are rare).
- Lethargy (tiredness, lack of energy). You don't have to be overly concerned if you see any of these signs unless they are severe, worsen, or continue to be a problem. Contact your veterinarian if this happens.
Side effects that may be serious or indicate a serious problem:
- Infection. Watch for signs of infection such as fever (103°F-104°F), tiredness or lack of energy, sneezing, coughing, poor appetite, or runny eyes. If you see any of these side effects, contact your veterinarian immediately.
We Also Recommend
Activyl Spot-on 100mg For Very Small Dogs 4-14 lbs (1.5-6.5 kg)